To apply for a grant
Before you start
The Katarina Witt Foundation can only provide grants for aid projects that meet the following requirements:
- The application must be on behalf of a project that is consistent with one of the three main goals of the Foundation: promoting the physical mobility of children and adolescents with disabilities, medical care, and disaster relief.
- The application must be submitted by a non-profit organization (please include a copy of the taxing authorities’ exemption certificate), and must include the name of the person who is responsible for the project and who will organize, implement, and monitor the project, and document it appropriately upon its conclusion. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications from private individuals.
- The application must be made in writing and submitted by mail to the der Katarina Witt Foundation.
How to apply for a grant
The application must be complete and well-organized. Please send it to the Katarina Witt Foundation by mail. The application must include the following information.
Description of the aid project
- Goal of the project
- Who is doing what? Who is sponsoring the project?
- From when to when will the project run?
- Where will the project take place?
- Provide some ideas for public relations options
- Financial plan
- Total costs
- Need for subsidies
- Other sources of funds (grants and/or sponsors)
- Sender information with the point of contact, address, email address
Please send the application in writing by mail to:
KATARINA WITT STIFTUNG gGMBH
When and how will a decision be made
The Katarina Witt Foundation provides grants, it does not have operations or employee. If you are interested in applying for a grant, please make sure to observe the guidelines provided above. No projects will be funded unless the application has submitted together with a project partner such as a non-profit organization – perhaps an organization in your local area. The Katarina Witt Foundation does not provide any funds directly to private individuals. Applications are reviewed at meetings of the Board of Directors, which consists of Katarina Witt, Chairperson, Jens Genge and Tobias Geissner. The Board of Directors meets at regular intervals, you may have to wait a few months for your answer. We ask for your understanding.